Thursday, March 18, 2010

Through Effort and Determination Comes This Lousy T-Shirt

Before I say anything else, you should know that I work for some pretty good and decent people. Like any upper management though they feel the need to use motivational devices from time to time. Quite a while back they gave out T-shirts. Nice solid green with our small logo printed on the front. If they’d left it at that it would’ve been a shirt you could’ve worn somewhere with some jeans. Instead they lopsidedly place this motivational crap on it making it something that you’d only wear around the house or use as a wash rag. I think like most people motivational devices rarely ‘motivate me’ but, being easy targets of ridicule, they can be funny so I don’t mind them. The ‘safety first’ floor mats featuring a badly drawn cartoon cat playing a sax that reads ‘Play It Safe’ is kind of funny. Call it a coincidence but I’ve had no work related accidents like burning myself with coffee, falling asleep at my desk and bumping my head or getting anything caught while having to zip up my pants when someone walks into the office. Indeed, I’ve played it safe. Again, I appreciate the free shirt and all things free. I don’t mind motivational crap one way or the other, I know it’s just part of the office environment-I just don’t want to be a walking motivational poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment